One of the best ways to celebrate the season of fall, whether or not the leaves change, is to gather your favorite people together for fall activities. An easy event is a night of watching spooky or horror movies with lots of snacks. But if you want to bring a bit more activity to your fall celebrations, here are three ideas for your gathering.
Host a Bonfire
Since the sun goes down earlier and earlier, a bonfire is the perfect way to celebrate the season. It also may be the perfect way to get rid of your end-of-summer garden trimmings. But besides the practical, a bonfire is great fun for the food and games involved.
The best bonfires include some chunky blankets as well as glowsticks. The fun is in the details so be sure to brainstorm more about what types of things you’d love to have at your own bonfire.
Food to Include
- Stuff waffle cones with candy and marshmallows, wrap in foil and fire-roast
- Jam marshmallows on sticks for cooking over the fire
- Bob for apples
Activities to Share
- Simple Games: Truth or Dare, Telephone, or Two Truths and a Lie
- Play capture the flag or spin the bottle
- Share silly, embarrassing, sad, or spooky stories
Pumpkin Bake Off
Forget the chili contests. Challenge your guests to make the best pumpkin recipe they can find. If you want you can come up with an actual prize or just offer bragging rights to the winner. You can set the rules, whether requiring only a certain number of ingredients or narrowing down the food types.
When people think pumpkin, it usually has to do with pumpkin pie. But pumpkin can be used in so many different recipes. Push the envelope and have awards for most creative, unique, and tasty.
- Bread and baked goods
- Savory and salty items
- Snacks and easy munchies
- Provide pumpkins for carving
- Play a game of pumpkin checkers
- Offer pumpkin play-dough for the kids